It is important to choose the most suitable travel box for your furry children.
- Travel boxes can be wooden or plastic…Global Paws manufacture IATA approved wooden travel boxes and can supply the airline approved plastic kennels as well.
- If you are planning on travelling more than once it is advisable to choose a plastic kennel as the wooden box is theoretically for one use only.
- Your pets’ travel kennel must meet IATA approved standards.
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal to protrude outside of the container.
- Be made of wood or a hard plastic/composite.
The plastic kennels need to be made of plastic with a build-in iron door (plastic doors are not permitted). Door hinges and locking pins must extend beyond the horizontal extrusions above and below the door opening by at least 1.6 cm (5/8)